I am a candle fanatic - they make a space so cozy and inviting. However, candles can be a bit pricey especially when you opt for natural soy candles. My solution- make my own custom blended candles.
They are so easy to make I wish I would have thought to do this ages ago. With minimal supplies I was on my way to a candle making party right in my kitchen and you can be too- really it is easier than you think!
you will need:
- Containers // I really like using mason jars with lids, but any heat safe container will work
- wicks // I used these
- candle wick stickers optional
- fragrance // I broke out my bottles of NOW Essential Oils
- Popsicle sticks or clothespins to hold the wick
- a 4 cup measuring cup that you no longer care about or wax melting pot
- a sauce pan or medium pot
- Prep your jars by adhering the candle wick stickers to the bottom of the wicks if using, then sticking the metal bottom to the jar. Slowly wind the wick around the Popsicle stick until it rests on the sides of your container- holding the wick straight and in place.
- Add about 30 drops of essential oils to each small jar or 50 drops You may have to adjust depending on the quality of your oils and the size of your container.
- Fill your measuring cup with wax chips- I melted 4 cups of chips at a time which provided me with about 2 1/4 cups of melted wax. Melt in a double boiler stirring constantly with a wooden skewer or melt in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
I experimented with both methods- the microwave method was by far the easiest, you just have to be careful not to over melt the wax.
- Divide wax between the containers / jars - allow to cool and trim wicks
- Label, burn and enjoy!
My favorite combos / scents:
Clean the Air
Good Morning Sunshine
A combination of 15 drops Lemon, 15 drops Lime + 15 drops tangerine
A combination of 10 drops peppermint, 20 drops lemongrass
To get you started on your candle making journey NOW is giving away 2 of my all time favorite essential oil sets (I use them everyday!) to one lucky winner! There are so many amazing uses and benefits to essential oils.
The use of natural essential oils for aromatherapy is an ancient and time-honored tradition that’s been enhancing moods and lifting spirits for thousands of years. Essential oils are liquid plant essences that are genuine reflections of the botanicals from which they’re borne.
Simply leave a comment below on your favorite way to use essential oils, visit my instagram - become a follower and leave a comment or visit NOW on Fave book for a chance to win!
NOW has the right to substitute any out of stock products with similar alternatives
a Rafflecopter giveaway *I was provided this product for review as a participant in the NOW Influencer Program #NOWWellness however all thoughts and opinions are my own