I am a pretty firm believer that you do not need a million in one appliances in order to be successful in the Kitchen. But I do believe high quality appliances can make a huge difference in making your life easier. I have totally found myself getting caught in- I HAVE to have the latest kitchen appliance, just to find I only use it a couple of times and then it sits taking up valuable kitchen real estate.
(or never even taken out of the packaging- I'm talking to you tortilla press!).
My most used kitchen appliance - hands down is my food processor. It has a prominent place on my Kitchen Counter and is used daily- everything from smoothies, whipping up a vegan herb butter, shredding potatoes for hash brown patties or pulling together a batch a falafel. Seriously, I use my food processor all the time- that's why it was a no brainer when Magimix contacted me to review their latest food processor. If you've been around SMBP awhile, you know I'm pretty choosy on what I review on the blog, I'm telling you, this machine is too amazing not to share!
- Extremely powerful, extra-quiet motor.
- Trio of work bowls allows you to carry out multiple tasks in rapid succession, without stopping to wash a bowl.
- Small bowl is perfect for mincing herbs, chopping nuts or blending a sauce.
- Medium bowl is ideal for slicing, grating and making julienne cuts.
- Large bowl handles prep jobs like mixing batters, kneading dough and slicing a large batch of vegetables.
- Motor automatically adjusts power and speed to suit job at hand.
- Razor-sharp Sabatier stainless-steel blades and stainless-steel discs, strong enough for a variety of tasks including crushing ice.
- Extra-large feed tube eliminates need to pre cut most ingredients.
Magimix by Robot-Coupe's food processor assortment is available in the US - Williams - Sonoma is a retailer
I currently have a small processor + my normal 10 cup Cuisinart- this Magimix does the job of both plus a juicer + blender. This food processor is like no other I have ever used- it is a power house. The first time I used it, I was like whoa (plus a swear word or two while running in to tell an uninterested Justin who was in the middle of a video game, how amazing this machine is!). It is super fast - normally it would take my old processor 20-25 minutes to process nut butter, the Magimix- 10-15 minutes!
I absolutely love the three bowl feature - they nest within each other which saves valuable space and time!
Lets's talk attachments.
The Magimix comes with:
Food Processor includes:
I have used both metal blades (these are so tight!), both grating discs (love the small + large grating options) and the mixing shield- no more smoothie mess all over the counter and cupboards!
For me the sweet spot in bowl size is the 14-cup, I thought about the 16-cup but wanted the processor to fit on my counter without being over bearing and the 12 cup I feared would be a bit too small as I typically push my appliances to the max and my current processor bowl I found was always just not large enough.
You can also purchase the Juice Extractor + Smoothie attachment (this is on my list so I can unload my juicer!), the dough bowl attachment + creative disc kits. Although I found making smoothies a breeze with the included attachments/gear.
The Magimix is definitely an investment but like most good things it is worth that little extra money in the end. Each Magimix comes with a 3 year warranty plus they guarantee the motor for 30 years. These are built to last!
I'll also be sharing in the coming weeks 2 amazing recipes I created in no time using the Magimix.
MAGIMIX BY ROBOT-COUPE FOOD PROCESSORS, BUILT BETTER TO LAST LONGER NOW FEATURING A NEW 30-YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL FOOD PROCESSORS
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN… In 1970, the world of art had been revolutionized…Pop Art, Cinematic Art, Contemporary Art… classic styles of the times, which soon became cult movements. Yet in the world of cuisine for home cooks no transformations had taken place. This world was still as flat as a dinner plate. Then in 1971, a revolution in home cooking began… Robot-Coupe, the world leader in professional cooking equipment, created the very first domestic version of a kitchen appliance traditionally designed for professional use. This invention would mark the launch of the Magimix by Robot-Coupe brand and the first Food Processor available to home cooks. In years to follow, the invention of the Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processor would be coined a French revolution of the 20th Century.
TODAY… The Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processor is now found in more than 60 countries and is known worldwide as an indisputable kitchen essential. The original, it continues to be favored by top chefs, culinary schools, food writers and dedicated home cooks. Protected by numerous patents, all Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processors are still fully manufactured and handmade in Burgundy, France and as of Fall 2012, feature a new 30 year warranty. Continuing their commitment to translate cutting edge technology into accessible kitchenware for the home cook, Magimix by Robot-Coupe continues to evolve through their incorporation of ever changing technology. Not only are their machines the original, but through innovation of new accessories and attachments, they are also the most versatile and of course dependable machines on the market.
CLOSER LOOK AT MAGIMIX BY ROBOT-COUPE FOOD PROCESSORS Giving Professional & Home Chefs an Edge Up Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processors, 3200XL 12-cup, 4200XL 14-cup & 5200XL 16-cup Applying the technology of today’s commercial models to create high-performance food processors for home use, the Magimix by Robot-Coupe food processor is available in a 12-cup, 14- cup and 16-cup size and includes a complete range of accessories and attachments for a wide variety of uses. Features:
Extremely powerful, extra-quiet motor. Still exclusively made in France by Magimix by RobotCoupe, this commercial-grade motor is both ultra durable and extremely quiet. Using a power induction motor, it senses the exact amount of power needed for the task at hand and automatically adjusts its power output to the optimum level. Simple three-button operation. 30-year guarantee.
The first to invent the use of multiple nested bowls for the food processor, in 1988 Magimix by Robot-Coupe created the mini bowl and in 1998 introduced the midi bowl: “three-in-one”. Today all Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processors include this trio of work bowls, enabling multiple tasks in rapid succession, without stopping to wash a bowl.
Small bowl is perfect for mincing herbs, chopping nuts, blending a sauce or making baby food. It can also be used directly in the large bowl without the medium bowl in place.
Medium bowl is ideal for slicing and grating.
Large bowl handles prep jobs like whisking egg whites, mixing batters, kneading dough and slicing or grating a large batch of vegetables.
Razor-sharp serrated Sabatier® stainless-steel blades and stainless-steel discs. The term “Sabatier” is synonymous with the highly regarded, forged steel blades made in the Thiers region of France.
Forged for incredible strength, the serrated blades easily perform heavyduty tasks such as crushing ice or chopping hard nuts while retaining their razor-sharp edges. Manufactured to professional standards, the Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processors are built better to last longer. Magimix is pleased to introduce a new 30 year warranty on all Food Processors.Magimix by Robot-Coupe.
- Extra-large feed tube eliminates the need to pre cut most ingredients, and saves valuable prep time by slicing lengthwise whole fruits and vegetables without the need to pre cut them by hand. § 3-year guarantee on accessories.
- Manufactured in Burgundy, France. Food Processors Include:
- 12-cup 3200XL includes 6-cup, 10-cup and 12-cup mixing bowls; 14-cup 4200XL includes 6- cup, 12-cup and 14-cup mixing bowls; 16-cup 5200XL includes 6-cup, 12-cup and 16-cup mixing bowls. 2 metal serrated Sabatier® blades, one for small bowl, and one for the large bowl.
- Dough blade. Use to knead bread dough, brioche and pastry.
- 2 grating discs – 2mm and 4mm.
- 2 slicing discs – 2mm and 4mm.
- BlenderMix attachment. Transforms the food processor into a powerful, fully-functional blender to make soups, consommés, smoothies and pancakes.
- Egg whisk. Ideal for whisking egg whites and creams for desserts such as meringues, frostings, and icing.
- Citrus press. (Included with 16-cup Food Processor only but available separately for the 12- cup & 14-cup Food Processors).
- Spatula. Custom-made, easy-to-use tool for emptying bowls.
- Illustrated recipe book featuring 110 recipes plus DVD.
- Storage box
Disclaimer: I was provided a Magimix for review purposes, however all opinions and views are my own.
Video Review from YouTube!