WOW it is hard to believe that it is the end of june aready! that means one thing, reveal day for foodie pen pals!
this month my foodie pen pal "sender" was Collyn, she did an amazing job - all her picks were so well suited to my tastes and vegan - YAY! her college roomate was a vegan so she was familiar with the lifestyle.
here is what i received in my goodie box:
1. Harney & Sons Fine Tea- I LOVE this brand of tea (and the super cute tin the tea comes in). this is a new flavor for me - Winter Wonderland, and I cannot wait to try it out!
2. Q Nuts - Yerba Mate Chocolate covered amonds. Nuts and Chocolate, it doesn't get any better than that for me, I was so excited to tear into this little bage of goodness but then I remembered i needed to taka picture first :)
3. (2) Go organic bars- I have never tried this brand before, but I love these grab and go bars to take with me when lunch may not be an option that day
4. Justins Almond Butter- do I need to say more?
5. Hail Merry Granola - a quirky name, perfect for my new breakfast obession of yogurt, granola and fresh fruit.
Thank you so much Collyn, you did an absolutely wonderful job! Again, thank you so much for taking the time to find foodie items that were so completely suited for me. I hope you enjoy your foodie package from your pen pal just as much as I enjoyed yours.
And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!
*If you're from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I'll see if we get enough interest this month!