happy new year.happy 1 year anniversary sunday morning banana pancakes.happy birthday justin.
what does all this happiness mean for you and me?
happy cake - lime rum frosted of course
there is a lot of happiness in january
so let us celebrate with this amazing cake
this happy cake is very tropical
banana, coconut & coconut flour = loveliness
i haven't busted out the coconut flour since the blueberry muffins
when i love something i have a tendency not to use it as i fear running out
that's just silly of course- it's not like i have the last bag of coconut flour on the planet
pretty sure sunflower has another bag patiently waiting for me
mango nectar is quite amazing
the nectar adds a subtle sweetness to the cake
nothing like i've ever tasted before
believe me when i tell you
this cake is addicting
cake round bottoms lined with wax paper
dusted with flour
in goes the magnificent batter
baked until golden
put on a pretty dress & eat this pretty cake today!
Happy Cake ~ Lime Rum Frosted
you will need:
for the cake:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup of cake flour sifted
- to make your own cake flour: combine 3/4 cup AP flour + 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
for the frosting:
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1 nip of Captain Morgans lime spiked rum
- 2 tbsp almond milk if not using rum
- preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with butter; line bottom of pans with wax paper. Lightly coat wax paper with butter; dust pans with 1 tablespoon flour.
- combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir with a whisk. Place 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 1/2 minutes or until well blended. beat in banana. add flour mixture and mango nectar alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans. Discard wax paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
- To prepare frosting, add all ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed. place 1 cake layer on a serving plate, sprinkle with 2 tbsp coconut flakes and spread a thin layer of frosting over the top. Top with another cake layer. spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. top with 1 cup of coconut flakes.
Print this Recipe